Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Toothpaste


I am a proud kuripot.  My goal is always to make sure that for every peso, no wait for every centavo that I spend I get my money's worth.  My motto is dapat laging sulit (for non-Pinoys sulit simply means getting more than what you paid for). I got this attitude from  my dear Lola Ying who I believe is up in heaven still always on the look out for the best bargains and deals.  This blog is a tribute to her and her sulit ways =) 

So when the rest of the family thinks that it is time to throw that tube of toothpaste away I say wait a minute there's still a lot of paste in that.  In fact it is good for another 6-8 brushing.  You just need to get to it. 



Just cut-off  the bottom of the tube there is so much toothpaste at the sides. To get to it, scoop your toothbrush against the sides.  Like I said earlier there is enough there for another 6 to 8 brushes.  When done brushing merely fold the bottom of the tube to close it up or you can place this in a plastic container if you like to make sure that it won't be exposure to contaminants.   

See with just a little snip off the bottom, you can make sulit your next toothpaste tube =) 

19 comments:

  1. I think I am reading about myself. I always do this as well. As a mom I think there's no harm squeezing out all those pesos/centavos we paid for our purchases.
    Visiting from FBU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with what you are doing. I might as well try that too. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this. The next tube is due to be cut-off in a couple of days hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the name of your blog... I am one proud kuripot as well! lol! But yeah, I remember those days when we had to squeeze out toothpaste until its totally flat..and you're right, you gotta get what your money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. same here, proud to be kuripot din .ganyan din ginagawa ko sa tothpaste.i don't just throw it,sayang kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. naalala ko yung picture sa fb ng toothpaste din haha pakienable naman po name and url sa blog mo thaks hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do this too. I'm kuripot like that as I hate having to go to the grocery for just a toothpaste...

    RC Gweniful

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can relate, pero hindi ko pa natry sa toothpaste pero sa shampoo and liquid soap nilalagyan ko ng konting water para masimot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually kuripot too sis, except for food nga lang.. ^^ Like Michi though, di pa namin natry yan with toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHAHAHAH GREAT TIP!!! Me, I'm kuripot too in some ways so I have such a hard time massaging and massaging my toothpaste tube just to make sure that i get every bit of it out. :)) Yours is a more practical way of doing it :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. We also do this at home. :) It's just right to get the most out of your toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy that there are so many proud kuripots. Hope we can share sulit tips with each other. Thanks for visiting my new blog and hope that all of you will be back soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, I DO THIS. Hahaha. I'm also OC about finishing all the toothpaste, because we buy an expensive kind that's all-natural. Everything counts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meron akong pangpitpit este pang-ipit ng toothpaste na hugis lips! Pahiram ko sayo para hindi ka mahirapang mag-squeeze! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, parang I'm reading about my mom :)) She always does this to our toothpaster tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Sis! You are indeed a green advocate!! Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Were on the same boat. I used happy toothpaste proud Pinoy eh! and I also do that. cut till it's bleeding..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. I havent tried doing this to toothpaste tubes but seems like i wanna try this.. lol thanks for sharing this.. haha better way to get simot.. haha

    http://melleleee.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. mwahahaha my husband does that. i think that is really practical in order fo us to save money. after all, we work hard and we should not waste it. :D

    ReplyDelete